Friday, August 29, 2008


This pic is terrible cause I took it with my cellphone during class (pharmacology...ugg!).  On Monday I finally got braces.  Since I was 19 yrs. old my dentists have told me that I need them, not to correct crooked teeth, but to correct my crossbite.  Well I finally took the plunge since I'm at dental school and the students specializing in orthodontics need patients, I got them for half what I would have had to pay at a private practice.  After about 6-8 months they'll see if I'm good to keep going with only ortho or if I'll need surgery on my jaw.  I never realized that braces SUCKED so much!!!  I can't do my favorite hobby...EAT!  My teeth are so tender, I can't even chew a banana because it hurts to much, and the braces are tearing up the inside of my mouth.  But I know it'll be for the better in the long run.  

2 comments:

Chad and Lisle said...

Byram,
That sounds horrible. I feel so bad for you. You know me, if I can't eat,I'm hating life. I hope it gets better. I'm glad you finally put something on your blog. I'm not that great at updating either, but it's good to see your beautiful face.

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Joe! This is your long lost friend, Aaron...found your blog from Forrest's blog. You got braces?!? Now you know what I went through. How long do you need to have them on? I had them for 3 agonizing years when the orthodontist only told me 6 months originally, which was super fun. How's life? Dental school? We gotta catch up sometime, man, it's been too long! Now that you have braces, try to not gnaw anybody's face off (ok I COULDN'T resist saying...you always told me that when I had braces...remember? it's payback buddy hahaha) Hope to hear from you soon!